Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ballet +, Gymnastics -

I had a great dance class Monday. I was focused, I pushed myself, and I was able to focus on really dancing instead of just putting a series of moves in order to a specific beat. It helped that the combinations were fairly simple, and that seven years of training left good muscle memory, even if I haven't done any ballet in five years. I wasn't able too look at myself in the mirror very well, but from what I could tell my split leaps were at about 130--not very good. I have a lot of work to do there. But the form was good, and they were enthusiastic.

And I just didn't go to gymnastics yesterday. I don't have a good reason why. It had been a bad day, I was feeling down on myself, and I was exhausted. I didn't want to drive more (1:20 commute to work, an hour home, and I was more than done driving), I didn't want to be productive, I didn't want to face the frustration of not being able to do things I thought I should be able to do. And I was really, really tired. So when 7:30 rolled around, I didn't make myself go get ready. I wasn't out the door at 7:45. And by 8:30, I was in bed.

I'm regreting that decision now. I did need the extra sleep, but I needed the mood boost I always get from gym more. I'm still tired, but I know I'll get my workout in tonight (circuit training day!) because of that regret. I'm going to go and spend ten-fifteen minutes practicing my forms for Tae Kwon Do, too. That will wake me up more than a nap, and I'm going to need that extra energy to get through the rest of today and the ride home that's already looks like it's going to be too long.

Maybe I'll be able to convince my husband that we should check out the kiddy open gym practice on Friday.

No comments: