Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cats and Circuit Training

Tonight I learned about all the ways cats can help with your circuit training. Many involve the additional weight, but there are many ways.*

1) They can insist on being held during squats, adding extra weight

2) They can lie on your back when you do push-ups, again adding extra weight

3) They can curl up under your stomach when doing planks, encouraging you to keep that core tight

4) They can curl up on your chest or hang onto your ponytail with their claws when doing crunches and v-ups

5) They can bat at your hands to keep you moving with hindu squats

Unfortunately, I cannot find a way for them to help with jumping rope. It does, however, provide them with valuable time to steal the bookmark from my book (Red Seas Under Red Skies--the wonderful sequel to the fabulous Lies of Locke Lamora) so that they can play with the tassels.

That's okay. They need to get their exercise too :-)

*Please note I do not advocate using animals as exercise tools against their will or in any way that may harm the animal. My cats initiated all interactions noted in this post and were safe and content the entire time.

1 comment:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

I love it. I don't have a cat, I have a dog, but there are a lot of similarities. Whenever I do push-ups my dog sits there are stares me in the eye like he is my trainer and knows I can knock out a couple more.